There are multiple artists with this name:
1) PAN is a Japanese power rock group formed in 1995 in Osaka, Japan. To date they have released 3 mini albums, 4 singles, and 3 full length albums and are still performing as of 2011.
2) Pan was a Danish progressive rock group formed by French musician Robert Lelievre which released a self-titled album in 1970. see also Cy,Maia & Robert
3) Pan was a Venezuelan Latin rock band from the 70s.
4) Pan is an Icelandic rock group. The year 2000 saw the first incarnation Pan as four young boys, age 16-19, decided to pick up instruments they had hardly touched before and form a rock group.
In the Summer of 2001, Pan emerged in its present form with their fifth Beatle joining them on lead guitar and in his wake came new possibilities. Pan entered the national "Battle of the Bands", where they were finalists, and joined the rock n' roll scene for real. With the meager accommodation of many Icelandic clubs, the lack of sound systems being a common dilemma, Pan saw the need for a powerful stage performance to accompany their tunes should outside factors reduce the grandeur of their music. As a result they´ve had a few incidents on stage including the lead guitarist cutting his eyebrow open on a pool table, and the keyboardist passing out from lack of oxygen after vigorous head banging, as well as a few broken instruments.
In keeping with the spirit of the “do-it-yourself” attitude Pan had adopted, they decided to construct a studio of their own and, through a year long trial and error process, built up the capability to produce their own contribution to rock history. Their independent debut, Virgins, is a cross-section of their lifetime as a band. Alongside recording, Pan handled art and cover design and financed all stages of production.
4) Pan was a Turkish band who participated for Eurovision in 1989 ("Bana Bana").
5) Pan was a Philippine band started by musician Dong Abay which disbanded after one album.
6) Pan was Venezuelan band which released only one album in 1999 titled "En vivo desde el Teatro Nacional" (Live at National Theatre).
7) Pan is a progressive/psytrance producer from the 90s.
8) pAn is a danish industrial project from Aarhus, was signed on the now closed label Mindwerk.
User-contributed text is available under the Creative Commons By-SA License and may also be available under the GNU FDL.